Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Halloween Decor (some new ones)

A few more pictures. These berry bunches and wreaths were found at the Dollar Tree.
Common sense afterthought to self: Next time I spray paint I will go outdoors so my 3 year old won't keep asking "what's that yummy smell?!"

Here are the berry wreaths on my candlesticks. I think I would prefer white pumpkins on top, but my hubby says I "have enough gords now."
I hung the berry bunches with black ribbon from our entrance chandelier and bought some tulle. I wanted to use a black feather boa, but Hobby Lobby was all out.
This picture just makes me happy. It is an adaptation from an idea I saw on Joys of Home.

The boys kept asking if we could make our house more spooky for Halloween. I didn't want to go out and buy more stuff, but I found this on Martha's website. It was very simple and the boys were satisfied. I also did a lamp for their room.
Ridge is such a big helper!
I was trying to get a shot with my cutsie stuff, but my helper helped a little too much...
and tipped it over the first chance he got!
Here is my Halloween tree in better lighting. But realistically all of my delicate things like this are up high out of the reach of little hands.


This is a picture of Jay's rendition of what everyone will look like for Halloween. Asher is a knight, I am a princess, Matt is not dressed up "because it's his birthday" and Jay is Luke Skywalker with R2D2.
Ridge didn't make the drawing but he is going to be a monkey. Asher will be a three-eyed monster and Jay is actually going to be a Storm Trooper.

18 comments:

Carie said...

Your decor is fabulous! I still have to put out all my Halloween stuff!

Sariahfied said...

Love it! I think I will put out my stuff, I have been debating because of the move, but I need to just do it! Cute bat idea!

Norris Fam said...

I'm not showing my girls your blog...they've been begging me to make our house spooky too! So far I haven't invested much in seasonal decorations and this little townhouse is NOT the place to start. Maybe we'll go to the dollar store and see what treasures we can find that don't necessarily need to be kept for years to come.

Tell your boys...I think your house is VERY spooky!

Stefanie Stephenson said...

Cute spook lamp! Oh Halloween. Maybe we'll get to see it next year.
I love the artist rendition of the Jeppson family, very life-like, especially the princess. :)

Becca said...

that's a really cute idea with the lamp shade! I don't have a plain white shade like that, but I wonder if the same idea would work with the one I got . . .

Jenny said...

The lampshade is a really great idea. Beautiful job with the mantle. Thanks for sharing

Megan said...

Ooooooo, I am so doing that to our lampshades this weekend. Sasha loves crafty things, so this will be fun! Did you make those darling little white ghosts? If so, how'd ya do it? :)

Steph said...

Too cute! Love everything! =)

Chelsea Van Tol said...

wonderful - the bats are great

Williamson's said...

Way cute!!! You have totally inspired me. The Williamson home will now be spooky!!

amberd. said...

Your such a good mom. when my kids ask me to do crafty stuff...I whine and say..."do we haaaaave to?" Seriously...so not fun for me. I'm glad there are good mom's in the world out there making up for us crappy ones! =)

Norris Fam said...

Happy, Happy Birthday Jamey dear! Happy days will come to you all year, if I had one wish then it would be...a happy, happy birthday to you from me!!!

(sorry I'm a few days late) Hope you had an awesome day! Thanks for being such an awesome friend...

Whitneys said...

I learned that the best place to spray paint is on the lawn. You still want to put down a layer of newspaper though. Then your overspray just goes on the grass that gets mowed. Too many times I have done it on the cement and then I have little stips of color for oh a year or more. Just my two cents!

Megan said...

Looks like you had a fun birthday! Those aprons are DARLING! And I love what you spray painted! CUTE! I didn't get around the making the bats this weekend.....we made those tie-dye shirts instead! :)

Positively Creative! said...

I absolutely love your decorations...too bad I am all done with mine I would have done some of those, but there's always next year..!!

Steph said...

Ok, so where do you get all your darling Halloween decorations? Like the tree & pumpkin pillows & table runner?

flem-fam said...

Hey Jamey - Martha Stewart called and wants to hire you for her show. Those look great!

Anonymous said...

AWESOME Halloween decorations! I really love your outdoor Halloween decorations. They're so much fun!