Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Where does the time go?
















You can probably tell from this picture, that Jay was very excited to start Kindergarten today.
At his school all the kids wear the same "First Day of School Shirt." You could spot them a mile away. He loved it!



After much internal debate, I agreed to let Jay ride the bus to school. (I did follow him though, baby steps for me.)


Getting on the bus. (I am at this point, crying but trying to be happy at the same time.) He was so excited it was hard to not be excited for him also.



In the classroom


Asher loved spending a few minutes in Kindergarten as well. He starts Pre-school next week. The hits just keep on coming.


The main entrance to our beautiful school. Have you ever noticed that when you go into a school you feel young (probably from past memories,) but also old? Maybe it's just me.



When I asked Jay what I was going to do with him gone at school EVERY day he responded "You'll take care of the other two kids. Two kids are easier then three kids right mom?" I guess he is pretty good at math.

We love you Jay our miracle baby!

9 comments:

Tera said...

Jay looks so cute. I can tell he's thrilled to start school. Where does the time go? I can't believe it's already here. Joey starts kindergarten on Monday. I'm not sure I'm ready...

Amber said...

SO did you think about him all day and what he was doing at that second? I can't believe you, me and Sari all have kids in Kindergarten now! Makes me feel old! :) I love his comment about taking care of the other two kids! They say the cutest things! He is so HANDSOME!

Sariahfied said...

Oh my goodness, I love him so much!!!!!!!! He is the cutest 5 year old boy ever! His school is just beautiful, I cant even pronounce or spell Chloes school, wish she could go somewhere like that! I guess I will keep blooming where I am planted- Mexico, almost:)

flem-fam said...

Waaaaah! Avery starts in two weeks, and I'm not handling it very well. I love that they all wear the same shirts, and that school is beautiful. It looks like a resort! Jay is so handsome!

Reed, Liz and the kids said...

he looks so cute! Emily started Monday...I can't believe they are both that old

heidi said...

why am i so emotional reading this? he's not my son riding the bus and wearing a little yellow t-shirt. perhaps because we are so close to starting pre-school???

Carie said...

The first going to Kindergarten is a hard day . . . I'm glad you survived and that Jay loved it.

I know I see him all the time, but he looks so BIG in the picture of him in his first day of school shirt.

Holly Ogden said...

The first day for the first child is so exciting and emotional! Hang in there. He is going to love it!

Norris Fam said...

I can't believe that elementary school...did you guys decide to do private school, because that's what it looks like!

Not only is Jay a miracle baby but he is sooooo handsome too, I wish we could get together for a play date after school!