Thursday, August 14, 2008

Distraction

My Uncle Vance sent me this quote and it is ringing true to me this week in particular:

I believe there are times in your life when, because of your righteousness and your determination to do what is right, Satan will not be able to deflect you into serious transgression. He will switch then to the strategy of placing before you a banquet of good and worthwhile things to do, meant to distract you from those that are the most important and essential to accomplish in your life.


Richard G. Scott - Brigham Young University - 12 September 1999.


I'm working on not "being in the thick of thin things." (props to Carie S. for that gem)



4 comments:

heidi said...

that's pretty much exactly what i needed to read. thanks!!!

Carie said...

I of course did not orginate that saying . . . so you can't truly give me credit.

I do love the Elder Scott quote also (thanks Uncle Vance.)

Norris Fam said...

Oh my, that is good and that is me! It's all about what I want to do, not necessarily what I should do!

Brenna said...

Neat quote, how come Uncle Vance didn't send it to me? I guess I am still working on that serious transgression.

P.S.Thanks a lot for letting all my blogger friends know my royal history...now I will expect nothin but respect! :) By the way what the heck is court warming queen?