Wednesday, July 16, 2008

New Mexico Part 2--The Farewell

Sunday July 13th 2008 was THE day.
My niece Chloe S. sang "I hope they call me on a mission," while her sister Emmy & Jaydan went up on the stand and stood there for moral support. She did a fantastic job, the girl is fearless. After her song was over she stood there and said "I love you Uncle Seth!" Such a sweetie.

Then the sisters (Me, Sariah & Brenna) sang "As I Have Loved You." The arrangement was beautiful. Michelle McCutcheon played the piano and Cami Bluth played the violin. They both wrote their own music because the arrangement that my mother picked out didn't have sheet music. It was beautiful, & sounded just like the CD. It was hard to not get choked up and still sing. We sang part of it in Spanish, since that is what Seth will be speaking down in Honduras. I'd say the accompaniment was definitely prettier then our singing, but the spirit was felt. An act of love. Seth gave a great to the point (short) talk. I think he timed it at 6 minutes. It was heartfelt and sincere, again the spirit was felt.

Dinner afterward was a grand affair. Mom had been preparing for days...Dad knocked himself out cooking 2 huge briskets. Delicious! He graciously gave me a bottle of the Claude's brisket marinade and shared a couple of his secrets. Now all I need is a roaster...
It was a sweet time to be all together for such a joyous occasion. I love my family.

Outside shot:

Mary Jo & Marion Jenkins (a.k.a. Meme & Papa) with Matthew Ridge


The Jenkins Cousins (most of us)
Seth, Jayden, Me, Sariah, Joseph, Rachel,
Brenna, Harmony & Megan



Mamacita y Seth

Ridge with Grandma Muffin

Sariah & I with our very handsome (single) cousin Ted(dy)


Chloe, Jay & Emmy rode in back of the truck home from church. The house is just down the street & Emmy is ready in her car seat. :)

Brenna, Seth, Jamey & Sariah
There won't be another picture like this one for TWO whole years!

The whole family. ( - Matt, Asher & Ridge.)


The great-grandbabies. My mom bought a blow up jumper that the kids loved! Great thinking as usual Mom!

7 comments:

Carie said...

i heart your family (you guys seriously know how to party.) the picture of you with Seth and your sisters is SO great.

Carie said...

Oh, and on the side of your page where you have listed your friends blogs, could you change mine to either:

Carie S. (exclusive) or
Carie S. (by invitation only) or
Carie S. (too cool for you) or
Carie S. (for members only) or
Carie S. (you wish you were invited).

You can choose any of those. This way people will think I am cool and mysterious instead of just paranoid. Thanks!

Brenna said...

Carie you are so funny! If I went private I would definitely want "you wish you were invited"!
Come and join us next trip to the Land of Enchantment!

Love the pics Jam, I will be posting mine soon. I just realized I didn't get any with mom besides the whole family shot. Too occupied with the kiddos.

Aleesha said...

Your mother looks great...just as I remember her. Does the woman not age? :0)

amberd. said...

I was thinking the same thing. Sista Jenkins DOES NOT AGE! Maybe that will happen to me too. Maybe I won't age either. Hmmmm?

Hey...diggin' the new look on the bloggety blog blog. It's like Wo! Surprise! Hellooo!! Look at me! I've got a new cool blog layout. Are you trying to go all Cali girl style on me now yo yo yo? It's like - gettin' all up in my terr-e-tori yo!

Uhmmm I should be doing something right now. Oh yea- that cake. That dang cake. I'm having anxiety Jamie. That's my problem. Too much. So I'm avoiding right now. I'm avoiding the cake! Aaaaaah!

Glad you had such a nice time with your fam damily. Swell bunch you guys are!

Stefanie Stephenson said...

Holy cow! So I'm pretty sure the last time I saw Seth he was 2 feet shorter and at least 100 pounds lighter. When did that happen??

flem-fam said...

I have been loving the pics of the gorgeous Jenkins sisters and all their beautiful babies!