Tuesday, July 15, 2008

New Mexico Part 1

Here are some pictures from our quick jaunt out to my homeland of Carlsbad, NM a.k.a The Land of Enchantment. We had a wonderful time with our entire (almost) family! I have a TON of pictures since the occasion was Seth's mission farewell, and am trying to sort through them. I plan to eventually publish my blog into book form via Blurb so I'm going to post my favorites instead of a slide show.


Waiting to board our plane. Jay was extremely excited to go to "Mexico" to visit Punkin, Muffin, Uncle Seth and all the crew. That's right, my parents are known as Muffin & Punkin.

Seth drove to Roswell (Area 51) in dad's truck to pick us up.



Jay & Lily with apples from Meme & Papa's trees. My mom cut them up and the kids dipped them in cinnamon/sugar. They literally gobbled them up.


Ridge, Seth and my grandmother Meme at the pool.


Jay loved the slide and diving board.


My darling sister Brenna who JUST had a baby, with her hubby Sean and baby Daisy.


Jay & Lily riding Meme's baby buffalo. The daddy buffalo was "too hot so sit on."


This is the bell at the Jenkins' compound that many of my High School friends (who shall remain nameless) liked to ring in the middle of the night. Small town, lack of other entertainment around. The rope is now tied up to keep other ringers at bay.



Enjoying summer watermelon, compliments of Meme.



I love this picture because of the pure JOY on my son's face. Punkin let him drive all over the place. Jay loved it!


I know this picture is retro/blurry looking but I still like it.


McCutcheon's ranch. Dear, dear friends of the family. Thanks Steven/Seth for taking the kids for rides while we practiced our musical number. Jay was so excited to be on the ranch. On the way up the "driveway" he asked in a very concerned voice: "Mom, what if the cowboys won't let us into the ranch?"


Me & my seestas shooting off Roman candles.


Seth worked one of Uncle Joe D.'s firework stands this summer and kept some of the good stuff for our post 4th enjoyment.


I thought Ridge was missing, but he was behind "Tomas" (toe-mas) the scooter chillin' with Two-Bits the fat yellow lab.

8 comments:

Heather said...

Looks like everyone had a blast! What a get farewell for Seth!

Meredith said...

Looks like you really had a great time! I totally thought of you when we drove through Albequrque (which, I'm sorry to say, I always hate doing!)

Norris Fam said...

Not all of the pictures loaded for me :( but the ones I saw are super cute!

Welcome home Enchantress!!!

Carie said...

I LOVED every picture. I especially love the one of you and Brenna. What is the baby buffalo made out of, tinfoil? Jay's face on the slide (determined) and on the lawn mower (JOYOUS) was priceless.

I can't believe you ever wanted to leave that place. Do they have an opening for Mark and I?

Carie said...

Okay, that sounded wrong: what I meant was "I can't believe you ever left home." I somehow made it sound like you were dying to leave or something. Seriously, for an English minor I am not very good with language.

Terra said...

What fun! Looks like you guys had a great time back in good ol' Carlsbad. Getting together with family is so much fun and when you add in little kids, it gets even better! Your boys are so cute! Glad you made it out and had a good time.

Harmony said...

We had so much fun with you guys! Great pics! Will you send me one of the pics with all the great-grandbabies? I did't have my camera with me (what was I thinking??) and would love to have one. Have fun in Hawaii!!!!

Stefanie Stephenson said...

I get to see those adorable boys in 2 short days!! Wahoo!