Sunday, March 30, 2008

Flashback to Christmas 2006



Where I'm from, when you go home for a visit you never know what will shake down. That's one of the things I love about visiting my hometown of Carlsbad, NM. Here is my family on Christmas Day 2006. We look like your typical "respectable" family...





A rare shot of all my siblings together. Sariah, Brenna, me and Seth. I am 4 months pregnant with Ridge.







But then on one of the occasions when our unsuspecting hubbies and father go out quail hunting, my mom has one of her famous great ideas. "Jamey I've been saving all your old High School pointe costumes, why don't you girls go try them on?"
Well...OK, maybe we will just try them on...and take a couple pictures...


















Well, maybe we need to turn on music and leap around a little. We get Seth and the kids involved too.























Quick break for a diaper change, but that doesn't slow us down. Note how Sariah stays "in the zone." We of course were je'te-ing all around her to show our support.












Hark! Is that the door we hear? Are the mighty hunters home?
Why don't they seem surprised to see us leaping and pirouetting around in tutus? Well probably b/c this is Carlsbad, and anything can happen when the girls get together. (Plus, they know and love us, so it takes a lot to ruffle their feathers.)















Father "Quail-Slayer" Jenkins is 1/2 the center of this family of fun. Not pictured is mom the other 1/2 of our center, the instigator who took tons and tons of pictures. Her ideas are always lots of fun no matter how we might groan or complain. Love those family memories! This is one of my favorites.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hillarious!!!!!! What poise and grace we possess! Cant wait to see what happens this Christmas! Maybe we can see if our old cheerleading uniformes fit and make up a dance or something and perform it at a family pep rally!love ya, Sari

Michelle said...

So funny! You guys look great!! Love it-thanks for sharing!

Mindy said...

I'm cracking up---you girls are crazy! Glad to see the template help worked!

Meredith said...

Hilarious! I love it all! You all are so hot!! :)

Meredith said...

p.s. Where did you get the way cute template???

heidi said...

can i be in your family? i love sequins and tu tus!

Norris Fam said...

Those pictures are hilarious! But I must say you all look beautiful- seriously!!!

Do you mind if I put your link on my blog?

Sariahfied said...

Trying to see if my pass word works

Tera said...

I love it!! So funny. You girls are so cute!

flem-fam said...

Bahahahaha!!! JJ that is AWESOME!!! I so wish I was in your family sometimes! And you all are three hot sistas!

Tiffany

Unknown said...

OMG! Where are MY tutus?!?! I MUST get them out now! Love it! Love, Binks

Steph said...

So funny Jame! I think the diaper changing one is my fave... Hilarious! It is fun when sisters get together. Although, I don't know if we've ever danced... Maybe next time I'll suggest that!

And can I just say how impressed I am that you fit into your high school costumes WHILE 4 months pregnant...

Oh, and I LOVE your new template! Where'd you get it?

Terra said...

So glad you found us through the Mikkelsons so we can keep up on your fam, too! This entry made me laugh out loud. Not only am I impressed that you all still fit into your high school costumes but that you still look great in them! What a fun memory. Your boys are adorable. Hope you don't mind if I add your link to our blog?!?

Suzi said...

DANG SEXY! I only wish my legs looked like yours...and you were pregnant?! GO FIGURE!

Carie said...

Pretty sure I am genetically a Jenkins girl somehow switched at birth.