Saturday, March 29, 2008

Stranded at Christmas

Long story short. We were stranded at the Denver airport on our way to SLC for Christmas. Asher, Ridge (since he was a lap child) and I were able to get on stand-by the last flight that night. Matt & Jay had to spend the night in the airport and catch the next flight in the morning. I did not want to split us up and felt bad leaving Matt & Jay. I can still hear Jay's words as I was boarding the plane,
"Mommy don't leave me, I want to go to Grandma and Grandpa's! Don't leave me!"
I cried on the plane til take off.

We were not prepared for this situation but, luckily Matt is a super creative dad and made it into an adventure. Here are a couple shots of Jay's makeshift sleeping arrangements. Notice the tiny pillow case being used as a sleeping bag. Jay just walked in and saw these pictures and smiled and said "oh yeah, that's when I got to sleep at the airport!"





3 comments:

Steph said...

I can't even imagine leaving my little guy at the airport. You are so strong, I totally would have been crying to. Isn't it wonderful to have such a great hubby that made it all OK. At least from J's end...

Suzi said...

Those are the times you wish that someone would just give up their seat for you. We missed a flight into KC when I was 3 months pregnant with Amelia (we had gone to the wrong airport). We had to wait standby for 4 separate flights with the older girls screaming through the airport for 6 hours (cause I was exhausted and couldn't handle a separation from Jeffrey letting him leave on a flight without me). They FINALLY put us on the last flight of the day (probably because by that point we purposefully let the kids scream at the checkout desk in front of everyone). I cried the first 45 minutes of our flight. We just kept thinking that we would've already been there had we driven. You're a lot stronger than me! Way cute photos of your little man. Looks like dad knew how to make him happy. WAY TO GO JEPPSONS!

Michelle said...

What a nightmare! At least Matt made it fun for him!