Saturday, November 9, 2013

Veteran's Day Pack Meeting


We had a neat experience last night. Jay and Asher attended their Cub Scout pack meeting for Veteran's Day.  They had local VFW's come and perform the flag ceremony and a ceremony for POW's and MIA's. It was very meaningful and a good experience.
 I called up my Grandma Nevada Hand to talk to her a bit about Grandpa Theodore William Hand Jr. and the boys put out some pictures and this little write up. It was special for me as a mother to pass some other stories on to my boys and we talked about how our ancestors are all part of our lives, meaning past and present, whether we get to meet them in this life or not families are important. We all have stories and will leave those to our progeny.
 The Spirit was strong as we visited  (in our car of all places) and I could feel the love of my ancestors as I was talking about them. The yearly theme worldwide for the youth this year is "Stand Ye in Holy Places, and be not moved..." I have learned that a Holy Place is anywhere you are that the Spirit can dwell. At this particular moment it was a 2006 Toyota Highlander. :)
 We have several family members who have served in the armed forces. I am thankful for all of them and for this wonderful country we get to live in.

No comments: