Friday, November 8, 2013

My 5th Half Marathon



Oct. 19, 2013 was my 5th time running the Kansas City half marathon. I didn't train very well this year and had several issues with my feet and legs falling asleep on many runs--not fun as it feels like I am dragging cement blocks which sometimes leads to me rolling an ankle.
 Race day is always a bundle of nerves and adrenaline. My dear friend Carie Skinner (who is a much faster runner than I am) and I ended up finishing at 2 hours 15 minutes.  Last year I had a P.R. year of 2:14, so I was pretty happy with my time this year considering we both stopped and went to the bathroom during the race, so if you subtract that pit stop I might have actually had another Personal Record, but I'm not one to dwell on the "what ifs" for very long.  The course is always so beautiful and I find it satisfying to set a goal for myself every year. I am thankful for a healthy body that can do hard things.
*Pictures courtesy of Mark Skinner.  Matt was on kid duty. We had four soccer games and 1 flag football game that day as well.

No comments: