Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Yellowstone July 2011

July for us meant we got to take a trip to Utah & Yellowstone to see our Jeppson family. A great time was had by all. There are lots of pictures to post but only a few shots are "edited" so more pics will have to be posted later. I think these are the only family shots we got the entire trip as kids were constantly off playing with cousins or fishing, or exploring. The falls were the biggest they've ever been and were beautiful.






This is at the drop off. The sheer force and noise left no doubt as to the strength and power of this waterfall. The boys had fun throwing rocks in. For me, the speed was unnerving.



Poor Ridge had a bike fall on his face right before we left for the falls, his poor lip is swollen but he's trying to smile.





Oh how I love this man! I also love to tease him about his "fanny pack". He likes to carry 3 different cameras on his person and to my chagrin, one is always tied around his waist. I was hiking up behind him as the big black camera bag was bouncing around and I just couldn't take it anymore. I said "give me that thing you fanny pack grandpa!" His laughing reply was "why? I don't care if I look cool or not!" He only let me take it for a small portion of the hike though. Always the gentleman. I guess that makes me the shallow-anti-fanny-pack-ite.




5 comments:

Carie said...

Beautiful scenery!

(Jame - how do you always look like a supermodel? even when camping?)

heidi said...

for real jamey! you look gorgeous in all these photos. pink is your color!
and ridge in that 1st one is high-larious. christmas card!
and the fanny pack. you need to bedazzle it so then it is TRULY embarassing and he refuses to wear it.

Kali said...

The falls looks amazing! I am with Carrie -- how do you look so good while out hiking. I am ready to take notes:) P.S. the fanny pack had me laughing he he. I would belong to the shallow-anti-fanny-pack-ite club as well... my mom loves to wear one and I just can't take it! ;)

Norris Fam said...

That picture of you and Matt by the falls makes my stomach churn, I think I may have been a little "unnerved" as well.

BTW...I always had secret suspicions that you were an anti-fanny-pack-ite. I'm so glad those suspicions have finally be confirmed :)

Terra said...

Fun times! Looks like a blast and I agree with what everyone else said, how do you look so good while camping in Yellowstone? Unfair! Have fun in NM - the boys will never want to leave the tree house. It is so cool.