Saturday, April 25, 2009

Chocolate bag time

We had a really fun date for our 11th anniversary last night. (Wow! 11 years, have come and gone so fast, I'm betting the next 11 go by even faster!)

Matt brought home 2 gorgeous bunches of tulips. They are "our flower" since we got married in the Spring and have them in our wedding pictures. Then,we went out and had a nice leisurely seafood dinner.

We shared Alaskan king crab legs (so yummy, like manna!) and fish & chips, but Matt let me have all the "best parts" of the crab legs.



We ended up getting each other the EXACT same cards! (Just further proof that we belong together.) Matt's inscription was so sweet I wanted to brag on what he wrote:

"Happy anniversary Jamey. I love you & am still very much in love with you, even more than when we got married. I know I wouldn't be happy without you in my life. Thank you for the sacrifices you make as a mother & wife on a daily basis, and thank you for always loving me & being an affectionate wife even when it's difficult (when I'm difficult.)
I love you.
-Matt"


My inscription wasn't nearly as nice or thoughtful.


We shared a chocolate bag for dessert & since it was our anniversary they brought us a complimentary mini one as well. Notice how the little one is in front of Matt. (We really did share though!) :)


White chocolate mousse, fresh berries, semi-sweet chocolate "bag" and berry glaze. We finished dinner & did a little shopping. Perfection.
I asked Matt over dinner if he enjoyed coming to our traditional place every year or if he just came because I loved it.
His answer: "both, I like coming here and I like it because it makes you happy."
...sigh.
I truly am living my "happily ever after."


16 comments:

Clarissa said...

AWW. You guys are so cute and if you ask me I'd say you look more like newly-weds.

That dessert looks like heaven. I've gotta try one.

Happy Anniversary!

Heather said...

How wonderful to be in love

Becca said...

Happy anniversary!

Tera said...

I need to try that delicious dessert. My mouth is watering just looking at it.

Happy Anniversary! I think you two are great.

Norris Fam said...

I like how he said he loves you and he's "in love with you". Never thought of it that way before...very deep!

Two people as wonderful as you guys deserve to be together...a match made in Heaven! Congrats!

Carie said...

I love that you bought each other the same card, that is great.

Happy Anniversary! It must be true love if you were willing to share your large chocolate bag.

(P.s. love the yellow top!)

April said...

Congratulations! Sounds like a great night! I love that you guys both got the same cards for each other!! So funny!

Williamson's said...

Congrats Jamey!! Isn't it wonderful to be married to a great man. I'm so glad you two are so happy together.

And that chocolate bag looked delicious!! I had to stop myself from licking the screen.

Sariahfied said...

You look fricken hot!!! I am loving the hair! I too am glad you found your true love, even though he is a lizard lover!

Brenna said...

Was that card on sale or somethin'? Your hair looks darker than I remember. Are you going brunette on us? It has been too long! Tell me why we live so far away from each other? I am so excited to see you guys this weekend! Get ready for no sleep, overpacked fridges, and dance parties via Grampa on the organ. Woo hoo!

Jeppson Clan said...

Yes, my hair has been darker for awhile, it's mostly a winter thing...
can't wait to see you!

Holly Ogden said...

Congrats! That dessert looks heavenly.

amberd. said...

Happy Anniversary. I am super jealous of your yellow shirt. Dang.

Suzi said...

Chocolate Bag = SHEER DELIGHT!! Congrats you crazy kids!!!

Team Clark said...

11 years? Seriously? That's CRAZY! I can't believe you've been married that long. Seriously!
Well, congrats! Looks like you had a great time!

Meredith said...

How SWEET!!!!! I love what he wrote to you in your card! So tender!!! It's so nice that you have a tradition like that, too!

And I still think it's pretty cool that we are anniversary buddies...