Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Jay's first soccer game


I've discovered a parenting secret I've been missing out on. Watching your child play sports is so fun! On Saturday we had perfect weather for a soccer game. We had so much fun watching Jay. This is his first season playing. He does a great job of listening to his coaches and trying his very best. He's not too hard on himself because "this is my first time playing soccer & I don't know everything." Pretty smart for a 5 (almost 6) year old.




Guess who we had a hard time keeping off the field? Ridge loves balls & (we feel) is a soccer star in the making. He watches the kids and copies what they do and is really good at running/dribbling? with the soccer ball. I think we need to invest in some good comfy camp chairs with all the future games we will be attending.

7 comments:

April said...

That's so fun! Brandon is starting Little League at the end of this month so we too will be spending many hours on our behinds!! Pull out the comfy chairs!!

Whitneys said...

I can't imagine trying to keep Ridge off of the field, I never thought about that one. Too bad we aren't on the same team. Then you would have a few more hands to keep him busy! Glad Jay is having fun. That's what matters the most!

Whitneys said...

Oh, and I forgot to say that ABSOLUTELY Ridge is a future sports star. He is incredible with any kind of ball! It's almost crazy/funny how good he is for his age. My kids talk about it all the time. Also, I agree about the good comfy camp chairs. We have a super comfy "love seat" chair and it is worth it's weight in gold! And that's a lot because it weighs a ton!

Brenna said...

He looks like a competitive pro out there, like he know's exactly what he is doing.
I need to get Lily in something!

Lesta Sims said...

How fun! It was only yesterday that I had 3 boys in baseball! It was soooooo much fun!
Can you send me your fake blog url so I can subscribe again please?
Thanks!

flem-fam said...

He's so cute. I was kind of surprised at how much fun I have watching Avery play soccer as well. She's playing T-ball this spring, and I'm so excited for it to start! Who knew we would grow up to be sports fans!

Meredith said...

So fun! I love watching Jackson play, too! I always hated cheering for soccer in HS because it was so boring, but it's totally different having one of your children play!