Sunday, December 7, 2008

Early November Happenings

Matt & I are promoters of self/creative entertainment for our children. I never would have put Ridge's diapers into that category...good thing our friends the Skinner's don't mind. I think Avery is in the process of self diapering. Maybe she could give Ridge some pointers!?



One evening I noticed it was too quiet and went looking for the older boys. I found them in the garage "surfing"! Life jackets and all. Jay had his on too, but took it off so he could do better "tricks." I never know what I'm going to find when I open a door...

Jay recently earned a reptile field guide he had been wanting. Matt had ordered it used off of Amazon and told Jay he could earn it. He was so excited and focused on his goal. We were really proud of him. He loves to read out of it and is really good at sounding out words.


Christmas came a little early at our house for Matt via Dad & Mom Jeppson. Notice the extra attention the new fly rod gets. Hmmm, maybe I should dress up as a fly rod next Halloween?... Just joking!

90% off costumes at Target. My boys are in dress up heaven! Our friend Cole is the clone trooper. I got 3 total and spent $6.50

This is my loot from the 90% off sale at Hobby Lobby. My sister Sariah had called from New Mexico to share the tip. My friend Tiffany was over so we headed to the Hob Lob and picked up a pretty good haul. I do love me a good sale!

7 comments:

s said...

Jamey,
I love looking at your blog! Your boys are beautiful and what fun you have! So fun to blogstalk so I can see what you're up to!

Terra said...

Such creative boys! Love the surfing in the garage. So cute! Would you please send me your mailing address so that we can send you a Christmas card? And Sari's email again. Sorry! Thanks!

Norris Fam said...

I do remember you heading off to Target FIRST thing in the morning the day after any holiday...no shower, no make-up...who has time when there are deals to be had!!!

Meredith said...

Love the diapers! It's hilarious what kids find entertaining, isn't it?

And way to go on the end-of-the-season shopping for both the costumes and decorations! Sweet deals!!!

Brenna said...

Oh how I would love frolick in a 90% off Hobby Lobby, but alas I have not one in my midst.

I am not sure what brought on the old English but what fun!!! I did find some fun holiday bargains at Pier 1 and am already looking forward to the Christmas clearance at Target!

Lovin those creative, busy boys! Also your fly rod costume. That would seriously be awesome! The boys could be different flies(sp) and matt the fish...come on!

Holly Ogden said...

what a bargain shopper! and I love it that you are a promoter of "self/creative entertainment". Makes for some fun times!

Stefanie Stephenson said...

I'm with Brenna. I totally think you should dress up as a fly rod next year. The Halloween Rob and I were dating I rocked the fish costume...I think you've seen it?? Anyway, I'm convinced that's what won him over. :)