Sunday, August 24, 2008

Bearwy dangerwous animals!

Last Sunday (Aug. 17th) we were hanging out and Asher comes bursting into the house saying "Guys, I found (fowned) a very (bearwy) dangerous animal outside! Matt and Jay followed him outside and Ash was talking rattlesnake and dangewous animals in our "own backyawd".

Matt went to the find spot and discovered a central plains milksnake (red, black, white) under our BBQ grill tarp that was on the ground. (NOT dangerous.) It was a big mean one, that had escaped a year ago. (It had actually gotten loose before and bitten two of my friends during a "Girls Night"- I'm still embarrassed about that night) Anyhow crazy huh?! Asher is an animal finder for sure!

11 comments:

Whitneys said...

Nothing to be embarassed about. It was an eventful evening. Just glad we were there to help you out! Life is never dull at the Jeppsons.

Suzi said...

Thanks for the photo props QT lady!! I'm still drowning in Photoshop...your family is hilarious. I love visiting your blog. So much adventure!! I hear ya on school days tears. Sydney starts first grade tomorrow and I'll be weeping. Even though it will be nice to have a bit of freedom again, it's hard to let em go.

Brenna said...

Cool you found him again. He didn't go too far. Will he be added to the collection? I forsee a lack of attendance at your next girls night if he is!

heidi said...

i would rather have a central plains milkshake. let's go do that sometime and leave the snakes to the boys.

Heather said...

I agree he is a very dangerous animal/reptile....

Kristin said...

When my older brother was 2 1/2 he came running into the house saying, "Mommy, mommy, I just saved the family!" When asked what from he said a huge snake. My mom went outside to check and found a earth worm flattened like a pancake on the back porch. So scary that your monster was real.

Amber said...

EEEEK! You are a good wife to put up with the reptiles and bugs! :)

amberd. said...

For real? What is it with the snakes? lol! I can't believe that snake stuck around for so long! I feel out of the loop. HOW many snakes do you actually own? haha!

flem-fam said...

Ok, I know I have an untrained eye, but this looks exactly like the snake that bit Matt to me!

Jeppson Clan said...

I don't know how many snakes we have. I prefer to be kept in the dark, but there are several. More then 6. Disgusting, I know, but none of them are poisonous.

Michelle said...

Oh my gosh! I can't believe it bit a couple of your friends!!! Yikes! You are definitely a trooper!