Sunday, May 25, 2008

The Case of the Missing Peanuts a.k.a Chipmunks Continued...

I bought some shelled peanuts at Hy-vee and put them in a bowl on the island. The boys (Matt included) were eating them up pretty quick. Almost too quick. WHERE were all the nuts going?
The next day while getting the kids ready for bed, I noticed this box hiding in Jay's room.



Me: "What's in the box?"
Jay: "Asher did it."
Asher from the bathtub: "No I didn't, Jay did!"

(I'm sure that's why the box is in Jay's room smooshed between Jay's bed & wall...I'm calling it a group effort.)

Me: "Well, what's IN the box?"
Jay: "Nuts."
Me: "The peanuts?! (light bulb flashes on in Jamey's brilliant brain)
Jay: "We are storing nuts for the winter!"
Little voice from bathtub: "I'm Alvin!"
Jay: "No, I'm Alvin!"
Me: "Mmmkay, yeah, let's keep food in the kitchen."

Can't fault the kid for working on his food storage, but we ARE working on not throwing little brother under the bus, and vice versa.



6 comments:

Heather said...

What can you really say to them. It is really cute. For some reason I don't think that will be the last of the food storage for your little chipmunks. lol
Heather

Michelle said...

So funny! My kids LOVE that movie too and are constantly quoting funny lines from the movie. I hope you are having fun in San Diego-how could you not? :)

flem-fam said...

JJ, you have no idea how much satisfaction it gives me to see these boys messing up your house like this!!! Hee hee!!

Anonymous said...

OMGoodness! I am laughing hysterically! That's all I can say...

Sariahfied said...

This is precious! I need to buy that movie! Are you home?

Meredith said...

That is TOO funny! I guess it goes to show that whatever we let our kids watch, they are influenced one way or another! :)