Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Announcing Elder Seth William Jenkins...

In our church, when the young men turn 19 or women turn 21 they can serve a mission. It is volunteer service for 2 years. (18 months for girls.) My brother received his mission call in the mail on Friday after haunting the mailbox all week. (We've ALL been anxiously awaiting it's arrival.)
Here is my cute mama checking the mail... YES it's here! She called everyone to let us know to be ready for him to open it at 4:00 p.m. M.S.T.
I asked if she had peeked or held it up to the light. She said "no" and laughed. (In my family I am famous for peeking.) *Side note: in the background you can see a portion of the wall that makes up part of the famous "Jenkins Compound." Imagine a wall surrounding 12 acres.




Here is Seth opening "the call."




Seth has been called to serve in the Tegucigalpa, Honduras mission! We are all so excited for him! I think Matt & I are on the phone that Seth is holding up to his ear. (Trying to help him pronounce Tay-goose-ee-galpa.)



Tegucigalpa Temple




In case you don't know where Honduras is:



The future missionary reports July 23rd!

3 comments:

Steph said...

How Awesome! Congrats Elder Jenkins (& fam)! Good Luck!

Reed, Liz and the kids said...

My sister in law is from Honduras. Congrats to your brother!

Unknown said...

Congrats to your brother! That's so exciting!