Friday, December 4, 2009

I'm missing the warmth of Mexico

It is currently 14 degrees in Lees Summit. I am freezing. Mexico seems like a far away dream. Luckily I have pictures to remind me that it really did happen.


Here is an octopus Matt caught.



Our friends the Pace's were supposed to come with us on our trip. Sadly for us they couldn't go at the last minute. The empty chairs in these two pictures are where they should have been.


Matt & I like to coordinate our swimsuit attire.

The boys after church in front of our villa.


It's so lovely to have friends to be silly with.



It's even better to have lovely friends to go to church with. I don't speak much Spanish (even after 2 years in high school) but I loved attending sacrament meeting in Tulum and feeling the spirit through the beautiful hymns. They didn't have a pianist so we sang A capella. My brain didn't understand the words, but my heart felt their message loud and clear.

This is from our first Sunday at Solimon Bay. Hurriane Ida was coming in, thus the murky water and cloudy skies. Lucky for us it cleared up for the rest of our stay.


Here we are taking the Cozumel ferry back to Playa del Carmen. We ferried over and snorkeled. The water was so clear and warm. I am somewhat proud to say I was stung by 3 jelly fish on that snorkel. Matt & friends found another octopus, sea star, and lobster among many fish.

6 comments:

Norris Fam said...

I think those two empty chairs were for the Norris' (in my dreams:)! Looks like you guys have great friends to have a great trip with! You look beautiful!

Meredith said...

Again....how fun! :) All of the pictures are just beautiful!

So did anyone pee on your jelly fish stings??? lol It's supposed to help....

Jeppson Clan said...

ha ha meredith! i thought about writing something like that. luckily no one had to pee on me. good thing b/c tiffany, matt and jenny all got stung too! that would have been interesting!

Carie said...

I am so anxious to finally get my computer so I can more easily read blogs. iPhones just don't cut it. Great post my friend. Such a fun trip. Thanks for being my reading buddy.

Becca said...

Thanks for sharing all these pictures. What a neat trip for all of you! Who organized it?

heidi said...

i love the matching his and hers swimsuits. very baywatch. did you take any actions shots running down the beach?