Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Honey I'm home...

Matt & I went to lunch yesterday and then walked through some very nice model homes. We talked about a couple ideas we'd like to use on our home some major projects and some minor. I went to get my hair "done" after our lunch date and came home to find this demolition going on in my living room.

The shiny 11 year old white tile is now gone. The boys loved helping their dad and wearing work gloves too.

We took a trip to Home Depot and bought some tile, grout, etc and will knock this project out pretty quick (subtracting working around church activities and Ridge awake time). I'll post pictures of the final product when we're done. Also note how in this last picture most of my valentine decor on the mantel is gone. One of the red candles fell & landed on Matt's head while he was hammering and broke. Matt's head is a little sore, but fine.

5 comments:

Holly Ogden said...

wow! you guys have been busy. can't wait to see the final pictures. or maybe we will come see it in person.

Brenna said...

Matt, aren't you supposed to be outside catching lizards or fly fishing? Look at you Mr. Handy Man! I hope your mishap with the candle doesn't cause any delay to the finished project! A concussion(sp?) would be a pretty good excuse!

Maybe I need to take Sean to a home show to get him to start working on our...wait we don't have a house! Ha, someday!

Norris Fam said...

I'm thinking you might want to do everything for the final tiles. Who knows what it will look like if Matt does it...with his brain damage and all :)

Can't wait for pictures, your house looks so cozy and beautiful!

Megan said...

Looks great! I love that he got started before you got home! LOL! I did some painting in our old house that way: "Honey, look what I did today! Do you like it??!!"

amberd. said...

woo hoo! Good Job Matt! The new tile looks great! And the candle story is a riot!