Saturday, November 8, 2008

Stroll down Halloween Lane

I'm trying to do some organizing so I put some pictures together of past Halloween's. Matt's birthday is also on Halloween so maybe I should do the same with pictures from that. It's fun to see how the kids change as they grow.

2003
A pea pod
Notice at a young age (7 months) Matt is trying to indoctrinate our first born with a love of reptiles.


2004
We went as Steve & Terri Irwin. Jay was a giraffe from our zoo.
Matt took a live snake to the church in a snake bag. Our trunk for the trunk or treat was quite popular that year.
Notice the snake.

Halloween 2005
Spider & Sea Turtle
(Party at the church)


Halloween 2006
Cowboy & Roo (kangaroo)

Preschool Party. I still can't believe Jay is in kindergarten now. I SO love those dimples!

Party at the church

Our friends the Whitney's & Kusgen's dressed up as Matt. They had shirts made with Matt's picture that said: "It's all right, I'm a herpetologist!" Long story...

2007
Pirate & Dragon

This year 2008
Clone trooper, monkey & a 3-eyed green monster

We don't know how Ridge hurt his face. It looks much better now.
The boys had a great time trick or treating with Grandpa & Grandma Jeppson who were in town visiting. The weather was beautiful and warm. By the end Asher who had started out running house to house collapsed on some grass and proclaimed "my bag is too heavy!"

Matt & I didn't dress up this year, but we did throw together a murder/mystery dinner with the Whitney's. (The 4 of us share October birthdays.) It's too bad you can't really do large groups with these because so many people would be fun. Oh well, we will have to do more of them, even if it's not in October!

10 comments:

Whitneys said...

Great stroll down memory lane Jamey. Crazy that we've been together all of these years!! I loved our herpetologist idea. Wouldn't Matt love to have Jason tell the story for ALL to hear? That was really fun. Also love all the pictures of your boys on the stairs. It is fun to see how they've grown. My, how time flies!

Carie said...

I love to stroll down Halloween lane with you . . .
This makes me want to get out all of our old pictures and see all the costumes through the years.

Stefanie Stephenson said...

Rockin' good pictures. Where do you find so many great costumes every year?
I just have to tell you, my favorite picture is Asher in the squat position...it looks like Roo is waiting, and looking, for a little Roo-nugget to pop out :)

Holly Ogden said...

I remember our murder mystery dinner. Now that was a fun night!

Norris Fam said...

So cute!

Did you fix the haircuts???

Jeppson Clan said...

Yes that U. of I. murder dinner was fantastic, as well as our 70's party with songs and poetry readings! Good times, fun memories!

Asher is now sporting a buzz. Jay's hair was able to be trimmed up with out the buzz which is fortunate for his head shape.

Brenna said...

I can just see Asher on the ground with his bag overflowing with candy! So funny! You definitely know they have enough when they can't carry it anymore.
That was fun to look back.

Are you wearing your wedding dress?

Sariahfied said...

I know that isnt your wedding dress, I dont see how Brenna could forget what it looed like:) Love the pics! Expecially the ode to Matt. That is so funny! Remember when some youth dressed up like the Jenkins brothers? Love you!

Becca said...

The "Matts" picture is hilarious! I wish I had been there that year. The murder/mystery dinner looks like a lot of fun. You guys look great! I've never been to one of those.

Suzi said...

CUTENESS!!