Saturday, October 4, 2008

Greater Kansas City Area

This weekend is special for us because it is General Conference. A two day conference held twice a year for all members of our church. (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints) Today our prophet, President Thomas S. Monson announced that 5 new temples are going to be built. One of them in the greater Kansas City area! For the full story go here.

We are thrilled beyond words! Matt & I were jumping up & down & hugging. I couldn't stop the tears of joy & gratitude. Our closest temples right now are St. Louis & Winter Quarters, Nebraska. For more info on why temples are important to us, click here.

The picture above is of the Bountiful, Utah temple where Matt & I were married.

7 comments:

Megan said...

Very exciting news for you guys! I LOVE conference time! :)

Carie said...

We were doing the very same . . . jumping and shouting for joy!!!

A TEMPLE here!

Tera said...

I wasn't jumping, I was just crying for joy. I am so excited! What a huge blessing. I felt a double burst of joy because Erick and I had lived in Philadelphia just before moving to KC. Both areas will benefit greatly from the blessings of a temple. Hooray!

Sariahfied said...

I am so excited!!! This is so exciting. Now when we visit we can go to the Temple together, while my liberal in-laws watch my kids. (that is if we are ever invited back again:)

Norris Fam said...

Congrats! I finally made it to the temple here in St. George, it was soooo nice to have it so close!

Jeppson Clan said...

Here's the link to the exact site if hasn't seen it yet:

http://newsroom.lds.org/ldsnewsroom/eng/news-releases-stories/new-temple-site-locations-announced

amberd. said...

Yeah! I was really excited to hear this as well. I think it is wonderfully super! =)