Sunday, June 8, 2008

Ridge is ONE!

Ridge turned one on June 1st. He and my brother Seth share the same birthday. In the Jeppson family for some reason future manliness is measured by how well the future man demolishes his first birthday (chocolate) cake. We did a pre-birthday cake run while in San Diego that didn't go too well. Funny sidenote, my sweet MIL bought a chocolate cake for Ridge. Matt decided that the chocolate/chocolate cake would be too rich for Ridge and so asked his mom if she had a cake mix. He was going to make a whole NEW cake that was chocolate frosting only. She graciously made it herself. Jay & Asher got to "clean up" the un-eaten San Diego cake.

So, Matt hoped that this time would be different. We originally started him on the kitchen table, but Ridge wasn't too interested. Then I suggested we move him to his highchair and give him a spoon. Yup, that did the trick. He did great! We just threw his clothes away. I didn't want to mess with them. (I've noticed I'm much lazier with child #3.) Sweet baby Ridge we love you so much! Way to go on earning your future manliness!

I'm putting a slide show together of more pictures, but here's a short clip. And no Dad Jeppson this footage has not been doctored!

5 comments:

Meredith said...

How adorable! You're so brave to go with the chocolate!

Happy Birthday Ridge!!!! It seems like just yesterday I was scanning your mommy to find out that you are a boy!!!

Norris Fam said...

Woo-eee that looks like a fun mess to clean up. You're smart to throw the shirt away, some things aren't worth it (like big kid accidents...those undies are GONE).

So cute, happy b-day!

Reed, Liz and the kids said...

very cute! Emily really had a great time but Adam had to have some help from his sister and cousin. After they started eating, Adam got the hang of it.
On the blurb book, the videos and slideshows just showed up as nothing. It had whatever I had written in that entry but not the actual video/slideshow.

flem-fam said...

He is so cute!!! I would have thrown the shirt away too, but I'm lazier than you and did that with my first. I also throw away soiled underpants after an accident!

Michelle said...

So cute! But definitely a mess! I don't blame you for throwing his clothes away!