Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Matt Update


I'm sure most of you have heard some "version" of our latest drama.
Fact 1. Monday afternoon, Matt was bitten or tagged on his right hand by a juvenile Osage Copperhead (pit-viper).

Fact 2. He is currently in ICU.

Fact 3. Matt started the antivenom/antivenin CroFab last night, and as of 10:30 PM tonight he was starting what we hope will be his last dose.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CroFab

Fact 4. He will NOT lose any limbs or digits.

Fact 5. (and tender mercy:) Matt was not alone when this happened, and had someone to take him to the hospital.

Fact 6. Matt had pictures taken of his tag every 15 minutes to document his hand/arm. Pictures to follow, when things calm down & I can stop being mad at him.

We are hoping he will get to come home tomorrow. The boys and I are holding up.

11 comments:

Meredith said...

oh my gosh...the ICU??? Oh Matt....

If there is anything I can do for you, let me know!!!

Norris Fam said...

What the heck!!! Matt is crazy, but we will still be praying for his fast recovery.

I wish I was there to help with your little ones!

Tera said...

I hope Matt will be OK. I'm sure this will be an exciting story to tell his grandkids!!

Steph said...

Oh my goodness Jamey! I hope the recovery continues to go well... I had no idea! Do you need anything?

Carie said...

We hope Matt comes home very soon. And full a quick recovery.

(Of course he got hourly pictures of the "tag" - that is such a male thing to do.)

Holly Ogden said...

So sorry Jamey! Hope Matt gets home soon.
Hang in there!

Whitneys said...

Dang Copperhead!!

Anonymous said...

Jamey that is awful! I wish we could help in some way. Hope he recovers quickly!!

Mindy said...

Only Matt would get bit by a pit viper and get meningitis in one lifetime. Tell him to remember he has a wife and 3 sons! Stay away from the snakes!!!

Hope he gets home soon--are you doing ok?

Anonymous said...

HOLY DOODOO! I'll have to tell Jeffrey about this. Now that's a snake! I can't wait to see the next round of photos, maybe?! And in all seriousness, I'll be praying for Matt and your family!

Reed, Liz and the kids said...

WOW! I am sorry Jamey! Hope all is well now